loaf of bread—a seedy batard
sweet cherries
blueberries *
Napa cabbage *
scallions
snap peas
green beans *
beets
broccoli
fresh garlic *
cucumber
gherkins *
carrots *
spinachThe middle of July is an expansive time at the Farmer's Market. A new group of longer-season, heat-loving vegetables ripens. It's one of the very best things about summer, something rich to offset the bouts of hot and humid weather that some veggies need to grow and thrive but that I find oppressive. Unless I'm swimming in the lake or eating a fresh carrot just out of the earth.
Swiss chard
radishes
baby potatoes
turnips
cabbage
kohlrabi
pie cherries
Queen Anne cherries
gooseberries *
black raspberries
red raspberries
eggplant *
tomatoes
kale
lettuce
currants *
hot peppers *
—Michael
2 comments:
YUM !!!!
I think there's some kind of hunter-gatherer delight in bringing home a big haul of food. Carrying huge bags of groceries 20 min home from the coop this week, I was thinking how my peasant body is totally built for that kind of work. :) PS I thought the loaf of bread was a seedy bastard too.
Post a Comment